Monday, November 14, 2016

Saturday, November 12, 2016 am

Saturday, November 12,  2016. Sunrise: 6:52 am. Hunting opens: 6:22 am. Temperature 31 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: N-NE 2-5 mph. Final morning of my Wisconsin bow hunt. I went to Double D and Steve went up to the fort on the north field. It is the coldest morning of the season by far. I even wore my heavy boots. Charley has her first dance recital and Lon and Sue are going to the Badger game, so I can only sit until 10:30 amAt 6:50 am, 2 does came down the hill from the NE. They got to about 35 yards and turned around and went back up the hill to the SW. At 7:50 am, I had a small 4-6 point buck come down the hill from the NW. He hung around and sniffed where the foes were. He headed off to the SW. At 8:00 am, I had  6 Toms come in the valley to the south of me feeding down to the east about 60 yards away. While I was watching them, a doe and fawn snuck in from behind me coming up he hill from the east. They cam through at about 25 yards and dropped over the ridge to the NW. At 9:30 am, I had a small 4-6 pointer come through from north to south 60 yards behind me to the east. I tried to grunt him up the hill, but he just kept going. Too small to shoot anyways. I had to get back inside so Lon and Sue could go to the Badger game and I needed to get back to Cannon for her dance recital. I got down at 10:30 am. Totals: 6 deer, 4 does and 2 bucks. 

No comments: