Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sunday, November 6, 2016 am

Sunday, November 6, 2016. Sunrise: 6:44 am. Hunting opens: 6:14 am. Temperature 49 degrees. Mostly sunny. A little foggy  in the morning. Wind: S-SE 2-4 mph. Almost slept through my alarm this morning with the time change. I set my alarm for 4:40 pm instead of am. I woke up on my own at 4:55 am. Thank God. This morning I decided to go to the QDM stand out between 2nd and 3rd point. I was all set by 6:00 am. I decided to set up the buck and die decoy about 15 yards to the south of me. We will see. At 6:55 am, I had a different really dark rack 8-10 point nice 2 1/2-3 1/2 old buck come through. He came up the hill from the west, directly in front of me. He got to 40 yards and saw the decoys. He was not impressed and trotted off to the SW. At 10:45 am, I heard some leaves rustling behind me to the east. I looked back and it was 5 Tom's all together. Cool to see, but not exactly what I am looking for. At 11:00 am, I had a small mutant spike come up the hill from west to east about 40 yards to the north of me. That was it. I had to get down around 11:15 am. Totals: Bob - 2 deer. 2 bucks. 

No comments: