Sunday, November 6, 2016

Saturday, November 5, 2016. All day.

Saturday, November 5,  2016. Sunrise: 7:41 am. Hunting opens: 7:11 am. Sunset: 5:51 pm. Hunting closes: 6:21 pm. Temperature 41-62 degrees. Mostly sunny. A little foggy  in the morning. Wind: S-SE 2-4 mph. Back at it again this morning. I decided to give Double D another shot. I told myself that I will sit until 12:00 pm. If I don't get any action  by then, I will head in, recharge the battery, watch some of the Badger game, and head over for the evening sit at Twin Towers or Blue Square. At 8:40 am, I saw my first 1 1/2 year old buck. He was 75 yards away going across and up the hill to the NW. I think he was a small 6 pointer. Fun to get some action. At 10:10 am, I heard something coming through behind me. I turned it it was a nice 8-10 pointer coming up the hill towards me. I had laid down a scent trail on my way in, and I thought he was going to follow it right in. When he got to 30 yards, he turned south and headed across the hill. Too small, but no shot anyways. At 11:50 am, I heard a branch break behind me. I looked down the hill and there was a small 4 pointer moving from north to south about 80 yards down the hill from me. At 1:30 pm, I heard something walking towards me from the south. He walked by heading towards the NE down the hill from me. The closest he got to me was 40 yards away. I saw him go all the way down to the main road through the valley. At 5:25 pm, I could hear a buck chasing a doe below my in the valley to the NE. He never came up my way. Totals: Bob 4 deer, 4 bucks. 

No comments: