Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November 1, 2016 pm

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 pm. Sunset: 5:55 pm. Hunting closes: 6:25 pm. Temperature: 71 degrees. Mostly sunny. Hot. Wind: W-NW 3-5 mph. I left Cannon Falls at 12:15 pm. Made a couple of stops and headed to Romance. I just had a feeling. I was hoping to get up into the back valley, but with all the flooding this summer, I was afraid that I was going to get my car stuck. So, I decided to go to the Creek stand. I was at the base of the tree by 2:45 pm. As I was preparing to climb in, something spooked behind me and took off to the east. It sounded like a freight training crashing through the brush. The stand has not been hunted in a while, so I had to clear out some brush. If anything comes through here tonight, I will be able to hear it coming from a long ways away. At 4:15 pm, I had a big fat doe come through from the NW. She walked right down the road slowly at 10 yards. I thought seriously about popping her, but I really didn't know how I was going to get her out of there. I would have had to have gone back to Copper and grabbed the cart, and then driven back up here to get her. I didn't think it was going to be worth all of the hassle, so I decided to let her walk. At 6:05 pm, I had a beautiful 3 1/2 year old 8 pointer come down the trail from the north. He stopped about 25 yards to the north of me. I got some good video. He was tempting, but still too small. He ended up circling me and walked through the brush around me and out to the field edge. He walked along the edge of the field heading south. Totals: Bob - 2 deer. 1 buck and 1 doe. 

No comments: