Sunday, November 6, 2016

Thursday, November 3, 2016. All day

Thursday,  November 3, 2016. Sunrise: 7:49 am. Hunting opens: 7:19 am. Sunset: 5:53 pm. Hunting closes: 6:23 pm. Temperature 43-62 degrees. Mostly sunny. Foggy in the morning. Wind: W-NW 3-5. This morning, I decided to go to the QDM stand between 2nd and 3rd point. I was ready to roll at 6:55 am. I sat there until 11:30 am. I just could not take not seeing any deer anymore. I was packing up, a I looked up and there was a doe sneaking through from north to south the to west of me 35 yards away. I let her leave as I was already committed to moving. After I got down, I spooked another doe that was bedded behind me. I grabbed all my gear and walked over to the north point stand out on 2nd point. At 12:45 pm, I just caught a glimpse of a pretty good buck. He could have been a shooter. 70 yards away in the brush. Moving from north to south to the west of me. I grunted and bleated, but he just kept on moving. At least I am seeing some deer. At 1:05 pm, I heard a buck chasing a doe below me coming from south to north. They ended up circling me and heading to the east. The closest he got was 40 yards l, but he was in the brush. They were heading the direction of the stand I had just left. So close!  I forgot my safety strap at QDM and after the hunt I went back to get it. Of course, there were deer all around that stand. Go figure. Totals: 4 deer. 3 does and one 9 point buck. 

No comments: