Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 pm

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 pm. Sunset: 6:27. Hunting closes: 6:57 pm. Temperature: 52 degrees. Partly cloudy. Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. I have been waiting patiently all season until the time was right to hunt the VAT. Tonight was the night. The wind was perfect and the farmer just cut the corn to the south of our driveway. My hope is that the deer will work there way up there for an easy meal after dark. I think they might just stop here first for an appetizer, before heading up there for dinner. I guess we will see. Dwayne is here tonight, and he decided to give the Stump blind a try. At 6:40 pm, I had a fawn come out of the quarry to the SW of me. She came right down the clover trail and ended up underneath the stand. At 6:50, her mom came out to the food plot too. She stayed about 40 yards to the west of me. It was too dark and too far to consider a shot. They both took off up the hill to the north when I tried to sneak down. That was it. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, a doe and a fawn. 

No comments: