Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday, October 6, 2013 pm

OKSunday, October 6, 2013 pm. Sunset: 6:42 pm. Hunting closes: 7:12 pm. Temperature 57 degrees. Wind: N 5-10 mph. Mostly cloudy. Heidi had some early morning for work this past week and has not gotten a chance to spend a lot of time with Charley. When she offered to watch her, I jumped at the opportunity to go hunting. I decided to try my luck at the Apple Tree stand. On my way down the sledding hill, I noticed a doe and fawn at the base of the hill eating clover. They both ended up walking off to the south towards the sugar shack food plot. I was all set by 4:25 for my evening hunt. At 5:00 pm, I had 5 turkeys come out into the food plot by the stump. They fed for about 30 minutes and went up into the woods to the west. At 5:30 pm, it started to rain. It is not fun getting wet. At 5:50, I had a big doe with two fawns come out into the food plot from the west. They were down near the stump. They didn't stay around long as they headed off towards the SW. That was it. Totals: Bob- 3 deer. 1 doe and 2 fawns. 

No comments: