Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday, October 21, 2013 pm

Monday, October 21, 2013 pm. Sunset: 6:23 pm. Hunting closes: 6:53 pm. Temperature: 38 degrees. Wind: N-NW 10-15. Mostly sunny. I got out late because Heidi was working an in-service do I decided to sneak into the Ridgeback stand behind the Shack. I was all set up by 5:15 pm. It is going to be a short sit. At 6:25 pm, I heard some crashing to the north of me. A nice big doe ran in from the north. She stopped at 30-35 yards but was quartering towards me. A fawn was following, and I could hear something behind her. The doe and fawn  went down the hill towards the Apple Tree stand. Behind them was a small 3 point mutant buck. He had been following the doe and fawn. He came down to where the doe was and I got some video. He ended up coming towards me and walked on the trail to the west 8-10 yards away from me. He had no idea I was there. Fun to see. Totals:  Bob - 3 deer, 1 doe and 1 fawn, 1 small buck.

No comments: