Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Monday, October 7, 2013 pm

Monday, October 7, 2013 pm. Sunset 6:39 pm. Hunting closes at 7:09 pm. Temperature 58 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: N 3-5 mph. Some people would call this a streak, but I am getting to hunt two afternoons in a row. I am pretty excited. I offered to watch Charley, but Heidi was going to have to feed her so she said that I could go. I decided to give the "Dump Ladder stand" a try. I was all set up by 4:50 pm. It is going to be a shorter sit then I would normally do, but I am not going to complain. Dwayne was hunting and he brought his two sons with him, so he went to the Stump blind. At 5:50 pm, he texted me that he had a tall 3 point buck with a nubbin buck within 5 yards of his stand. Pretty cool for him and the kids. Check them out.  They look like some future deer slayers to me.  Totals:  Bob - 0 deer.  Dwayne and the boys - 2 deer.  1 buck (3 pointer) and 1 nubbin.

No comments: