Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday, October 13, 2013 am

Sunday, October 13, 2013 am. Sunrise: 7:17. Hunting opens: 6:47 am. Temperature 40 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: E-SE 2-5 mph. This morning I decided to give Everest a try. There was very little to no wind this morning. On my approach to the summit, I was sweating and steaming up so much it was difficult to even see my reflective markers as I was walking up the hill. I was still able to reach the stand 20 minutes before shooting light. At 7:40 am, I had a doe with two fawns cross on the trail above me about 50 yards away. They were moving from west to east. At 8:25 am, I had two deer run up the hill towards the NE about 100 yards to the NW of me. One was a doe for sure, but I could not tell what the other deer was. It looked like a may have been a small buck chasing. I think it is a bit early, but it was a nice cold morning. I ended up sitting until a little after 9:00 am. That was it. It was a beautiful morning with some steady action. Totals: Bob- 5 deer. 4 does and fawns and 1?  

No comments: