Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday, October 27, 2013 am

Sunday, October 27, 2013 am. Sunrise: 7:42 am. Hunting opens: 7:12 am. Temperature: 33 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: S-SE 10-15 mph. It was a slow start to the morning. Heidi said I could hunt this morning if I fed Charley before I left and I would let her take a nap this afternoon. It seemed like a fair trade, so I took her up on the offer. It did delay me getting into the stand when I wanted to, but it was worth it. I decided to go up to right field, and I brought along my buck decoy "Stumpy."  Dwayne was out and went to the Apple Tree. I was in and ready by 6:50 am. At 9:00 am, the farmer came by with is combine and trailer picking the corn. I was hoping that he would kick something out to me, but nothing. He was surprised to see me sitting in my stand on the field edge. I got down and talked to him briefly. His name was Joel Zimmerman. He seemed like a pretty good guy. That was it. Dwayne was skunked too. Totals: Bob - 0 deer. Dwayne - 0 deer. 

No comments: