Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday, October 19, 2013 am

Saturday, October 19, 2013 am. Sunrise: 7:32 am. Hunting opens: 7:02 am. Temperature: 42 degrees. Partly cloudy. Wind: S-SE 10-15 mph. I decided to give Right field a try, Adam went to the Point. I kicked up a deer on the way in, and Adam must have kicked one up to me because I heard it run by about 30 yards from me. We were both set up by 6:40 am. At 9:15 am, I saw a small buck (I think a 5 pointer) about 80 yards to the SW of me. He was heading down toward the dump stand. I rattled and called to him. About 15 minutes later he came up the hill on a string right towards me. It was awesome. I got some great video of him tearing up a small tree at 10 yards. He ended up walking through my shooting lane at 5 yards to the south of me. He then walked off to the east and then to the south. Never new I was there.  What a great morning. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck. Adam- 0 deer.

No comments: