Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ginseng

I have been reading a lot about ginseng recently. I only wish that I had gone out and looked for it sooner. I have seen it before on our property and thought that it was ginseng, but I was not sure. I did some research in the Internet and confirmed what I had seen before and it in fact is ginseng. I was not planning in harvesting any of the roots this year, but was planning in marking where it was for future years. I wish that I had looked for it earlier in the season, because I had a tough time finding any. It appears as though most of the berries have already fallen
off of the plants, but I was able to find a few plants. I snapped these pictures and then planted the seeds next to where I had found them. I will definitely be looking for some next year as some of it is selling for $160 a lb. 

No comments: