Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 pm "Ladies Night"

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 pm, Temp 50 degrees, Wind from SW - 5 MPH, Overcast, light mist/rain. Sunset 6:28 pm (Hunting close 6:58 pm) I decided to go to Arlie's stand. As I crested the hill about 40 yards from the stand, a nice 8 pointer jumped up from underneath the stand. About 20 seconds later, Arlie's nephew was riding his ATV along the property line to feed the cows. I hope the ATV spooked the deer instead of me. Regardless, at 5:30 fours does came from the SE and slowly fed towards me. They hung around for 45 minutes and all of them offered a shot at one time or another. At 6:20, 3 does fed up the valley (going west) to the south of me about 75 yards away, at the same time a doe came from the NW (may have been a repeat) and fed back to the east about 20 yards to the north of me. That was it. Total: 9 deer, 8 does/fawns and 1 buck.

No comments: