Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday, October 6, 2007 PM

Saturday, October 6, 2007 pm, Temp. 80 degrees, Wind S/SE 15-20 mph, partly sunny Sunset 6:44 pm (close 7:14 pm). After adding some more gravel to the trail on the way to border patrol (we are gong to put in another culvert), Nate and I got to our stands. Nate decided to go to the Jolly Roger and I went to Arlie's knob. At 6:30 pm Nate have 2 does come through. One from behind him and one from the south. They moved off together to the south. At 6:45, the same small 8 pointer (it is the same one we have been seeing) came from the border patrol stand and walked to within 10 yards of Nate. He did get some video, we just need to figure out how to upload it from his camera to the blog.
My night was pretty slow until dark. At 7:15 there was a doe that walked from the east going west up the hill along the property line. Two minutes later, the big 8 pointer came through about 15 yards to the north. Unfortunately, it was too dark to video. I wouldn't have shot him as I have already passed him up several times this year. About 5 minutes later a small 6 pointer came through on the same trail. I was hoping he would follow the other buck, but instead he decided to hang a round for a while. He actually walked over and was directly under my stand. I could have jumped on his back. I have had deer close before, but he was sniffing the tree my stand was in. I got a little tired so I shifted my feet and drop some dirt from the bottom of my boots on his back. He didn't like this and trotted off. Hilarious. Totals: Bob 3 deer, 2 bucks and 1 doe: Nate 3 deer 2 does/fawns, 1 buck.

No comments: