Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday, October 7, 2007, AM

Sunday, October 7, 2007 am, Temp 70 degrees, Wind, S 10 mph, Overcast, Sunrise 7:18 am (huning hours 6:48 am). I decided to go to Arlie's Knob. To not scare anything in the corn field, I went down to the apple tree stand and then up the ridge to the stand. I got in abou6:25 am. The morning was pretty uneventful except I was able to witness a hawk glide through the woods and pick up some breakfast (mouse). It was really cool to see. I was about to get down, when I looked to my right (north), and saw a nubbin buck heading to the east. He was on Arlie's property and then crossed through the fence. He came through my shooting lane at about 20 yards and then decided to bed down on the hillside for about 30 minutes. It was 9:15 am, so I tried several calls to try to scare him away. It didn't make any differnce, I tried grunts, bleats, roar, etc. and he wouldn't leave. After a while, he final got up and walked and fed up the hill. He actually ate some of the branches that we had cleared before we moved the stand. I snuck back down the ridge and back to the house. Totals; 1 deer, 1 Doe/Nubbin Buck

No comments: