Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday Night Doe's

October 1st

So with the full moon behind us, looking forward to the next full moon as it should start the rut. I headed out tonight to a new location the VAT stand. The temp tonight was 60 degrees with a SE wind at 5 mph. This stand is located in the valley between two hills, kind of a transition area before they head to the corn at night. At 6:40 PM the first doe came through presenting a 10 yard shot numerous times before she headed up to the uncut corn field. Then at 7:10 PM 5 does came from the NE towards the stand and passed by offering a shot at 15 yards. No deer with headgear tonight, kind of the theme for me this season as I have not seen very many bucks. I moved the trailcam tonight and set it up on a trail that crosses the creek. I will check it later this week and see if we have any bucks moving down in the valley. I will keep you posted. Goodluck out there to all the other states who opened up their bowhunting seasons today!

No comments: