Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday, October 7, 2007 PM

Sunday, October 7, 2007 pm, Temp 78 degrees, Wind from S 10 mph, Cloudy with showers earlier. Sunset 6:43 pm (Hunting close 7:13 pm). I went out late because it was raining up until 5:45. I got in the stand about 6:00 pm. Because I was so late, I decided to go to the Ridgeback stand. At 6:30 a doe came in behind me on the way to the corn field. At 6:55 pm, a nice buck (8 pointer) came in from the east and headed up towards me. He stoped at 10 yards and gave me some good video (see attached). He was a litle spooky, but walked off up the hill through my shooting lane. At 7:10 a doe with two fawns came through from behind me. The doe actually was directly under my stand. That is two deer in two nights under my stand. Kind of crazy. May need to start hunting with a spear. They eventually walked off to the west towards to corn field. Totals for tonight: 5 deer, 4 does/fawns, 1 buck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He saw you huh? One more year and he will be really nice.