Saturday, October 20, 2007


Saturday, October 20, 2007 AM, Temp 42 degrees, Wind N 5 MPH, Mostly sunny, Sunrise 7:35 am (Hunting opens 7:05 am) A beautiful morning for Nate and I. I went to Arlie's Knob and Nate went to the Jolly Roger. We both got into our stands about 6:40 am. I went up past the apple tree and up the ridge to reach the stand. At 7:00, am huge owl landed on a branch about 10 feet from me. Very cool. At 7:20 two does fed down the hill to the south of me and worked their way towards the apple tree. At 7:25, a nice 9 pointer was in the same valley going toward the apple tree. I aggressively grunted to the buck and he finally turned and came my way. It took him a while and he finally worked his way up the hill towards me. I was able to get this video attached below. I thought he was only an 8 pointer but if you look closely, he has a small kicker on his right side. At 7:40, he finally jumped the fence and went into Arlie's. At 8:10 am, a doe and fawn worked to the north about 75 yards behind me. I think they were the same deer that had come through at 7:20 am. At 8:35, I looked to the north and there was a doe on Arlie's about 40 yards away. At 8:45, a smaller 8 pointer walked on Arlie's side of the fence line from the west going east. I tried grunting to him, and he kept going down the hill. Eventually he jumped the fence, and walked back up the trail towards me. At 8:55, he came right at me, and walked under my stand. This time I got some video of it. Crazy! You can see the deer through the bottom of my stand. I had to get in for a school conference call, so I got down at 9:10 am after the 8 pointer left. Totals: 7 deer, 2 bucks.
For Nate, At 7:40 5 does came off the hill to the west of him. At 7:50 a small 7 pointer came down the trail from the north and came within 5 yards of his stand. He ended up walking off to the south. He did get some nice pictures on his trail camera that he will upload later. Totals for Nate: 6 deer, 5 does and 1 buck.









No comments: