Friday, October 12, 2007

October 11th--Evening at the 009

Well as you know yesterday was a perfect day. There was a light ENE wind at 5 mph at the most and the air had a little bite to it. If I was a deer I would be up and moving. I decided to check the trailcam pics from the Jolly Roger and the cam only had some does on it, so I moved it to a nearby tree that had three scrapes. Maybe I can capture the buck making the scrapes on the cam now. I will post those pics if they come to fruition. So I decided to hunt the Ridgeback stand as the wind would be perfect. At 6:30 3 fat does appeared to my North and proceeded to head straight at me. Two of the does fed around the stand for 10 minutes then headed to the corn. I glanced to my East and there was a small six 65 yards away. I gave him a light grunt and he began to head my direction, he circled to the North and then disappeared in the dark. Total for the evening: 3 does, 1 buck (six pointer)

No comments: