Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday, October 4, 2007 PM

Thursday October4, 2007, Temp 78 degrees, Wind S/SE 5-10 mph, Sunset 6:50 pm (Hunting Close 7:20 pm) Overcast skies, Finally got back after a week in South Dakota. Decided to try my luck at a new stand called Arlie's knob. Got into the stand at about 5:00. I did kick up a doe on the way in. At 5:40 pm, 6 Tom turkeys worked their way into Arlie's pasture. They were about 40 yards away but through the brush (and I don't have a tag- but I did get some video- see below). At 6:20 pm, a small buck sneaked in behind me and was about 30 yards to my east (behind me). He kind of walked off towards Heather's stand. About 6:25 pm , and doe followed the buck but was a little bit further east. At 7:10 pm a big doe sneaked in behind me to about 5 yards and then worked her way towards Arlie's field. I think it makes sense to move this stand down the ridge about 3o yards. I will look at my options tomorrow. Totals: 3 deer, 2 does and 1 buck.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gobble gobble, same jakes and toms that I saw the other day. Cool though, I think they are roosting on your property to the east of Arlie's Knob.