Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Friday, November 5, 2010 pm

Friday, November 5, 2010 pm, Sunset: 5:56 p.m. Hunting closes: 6:26 Temp: 41 degrees, Wind: N-NW 5-10mph. Mostly sunny. We have a full house tonight. I went out and put Harry out front of the Ladder stand for Heidi. Taylor went back to the Jolly Rodger and I went to the VAT. On my way in, I kicked up a doe on the side hill on the road right below my house. It ran down into the food plot and stopped. When I got to the base of my stand it took off over past Taylor's stand in the food plot and over towards the little pond. We were all in position by 4:00. At 5:15, I saw a small doe in the Sugar Shack food plot. I decided if she came close, I was going to shoot her. When it got a bit closer, I could see it was a nubbin buck. I decided that I would let him go and hope he makes it 3-4 more years. He came through on the trail at 10 yards. He ended up walking past and then walked to the SW towards the rock quarry. At 5:20, Heidi texted me and said that she had a doe to the north of her in Arlie's field. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 nubbin buck; Heidi - 1 deer, 1 doe; Taylor - 0 deer.

No comments: