Friday, November 5, 2010

Thursday, November 4, 2010 pm

Thursday, November 4, 2010 pm, Sunset: 5:58 p.m. Hunting closes: 6:28 Temp: 44 degrees, Wind: N-NW 10-15mph. Mostly sunny. I didn't get to hunt last night or this morning because I had a hockey game last night up in the cities. I was pleased to get out this evening. It is a little windy, but the bucks should be on the move. Gary Samuelson cut my corn last night/this morning, so there are fewer places for the deer to hide now. With a north wind, I decided to give the VAT another try. I was all set up with Harry out in front of me at 3:30. I saw Taylor pull in at 3:45. After a quick shower, he snuck down to the Jolly Rodger stand and was in the stand a little after 4:00. At 4:25, the propane truck pulled in and filled my tank. Taylor made the right call to go to the JR stand. At 4:30, I had two does run along the side hill to the SE of me heading west. I thought there might be a buck following them, but there was nothing. I grunted and bleated to them, but the just kept on going. At 5:00, Gary Samuelson did show up to spray his field. At 5:05, Taylor texted me and said he has a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer on the hill to the east of him. He grunted to him and he came towards him, but stayed in the thick stuff. At 6:00, Taylor texted me and said that he had a small buck out in front of him to the east. He was too far away and in the thick stuff, so he wasn't able to get any video. At 6:10, I saw 3 deer running along the top of the hill to the north of me up by my house. I think they crossed through my yard to the north. At about the same time, Taylor texted me that he had another buck and doe over by him. To the SE. They stayed in the brush across the opening in front of him. Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 5 does; Taylor - 4 deer, 3 bucks.

No comments: