Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 am

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 am, Sunrise: 7:50 a.m. Opener: 7:20. Temp: 29 degrees, Wind: 0 mph, mostly sunny. Taylor took the day off from school at was at my house by 5:45. We made some breakfast and made our plan of attack. I decided to go to the VAT and Taylor went to the "X." Taylor took Harry since he was planning on sitting most of the day today. I am only going to be able to hunt in the morning and evening. On my way in off from the driveway, I could hear deer taking off in all directions. We were both in our stands by 6:55. After I got settled into my stand, I did a few soft grunts and It didn't take long for some action. I looked to the east and coming down the the path from the east was a small 8 pointer. He came all the way through and stopped at 10 yards. I shot some "night shot" video and I think it turned out pretty well. He kind of sensed something wasn't right and turned around and trotted away back where he had come from. He picked up another deer that followed him past the sugar shack to the east. It was too dark to tell what the other deer was. At 8:00, I looked to the east and coming down the hill from up by the dump stand was a small buck. He walked through the creek on the trail and went over to the big tree in the middle of the food plot. I was able to get some video of him working the licking branch. He then continued walking across the food plot and up the hill to the north towards my house. Totals: Bob - 2 deer, 2 bucks; Taylor - 0 deer.

No comments: