Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday, September 23, 2007, Temp 82 degree, Wind 15 mph from S/SE. Sunset at 7:11 pm (closing 7:41 pm) I decided to go to Heather's stand. (Something new). I left for the stand at about 5:30 pm. I hadn't been in the stand for more than a minute and this small nubbin' cam through (see attached). He was about 8 yards away and had no idea I was there. I heard him coming and he was "meowing like a cat." I wish that I could have gotten that on video. Pretty cool. About 6:45 the medium 8 pointer came through to my south about 35 yards away heading to the corn. (this is the other video) I did see 3 toms in the field about 100 yards to the north in Arlie's field. At 7:15 a doe came through on the same trail, and then about 5 minutes later a fawn (still had some spots) ran through trying to catch up with its mom. Pretty funny. Totals for tonight: 4 deer, 3 does/fawns, and 1 Buck.

No comments: