Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 25, 2007

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 pm; Temp 60 degrees, Wind out of SE 5 mph, Sunset 7:06 (hunting close 7:36 pm). Decided to go to the new stand that Nate and I hung yesterday. I had jury duty in the afternoon, so after our hunt in the morning we put in two new stands. I decided to go to the "Ridgeback" stand which is a stand about 150 yards to the SE of the infamous ladders stand. Got to the stand at 5:30 pm. I did kick up a small doe and fawn on the way in. After I got settled in, the first video (5:55 pm) is of a 7 pointer that I have a picture from my trail camera from a month ago. He came right down the trail and offered me a perfect shot at 10 yards. He actually stopped and ate some leaves off of the branches we had to trim for shooting lanes. He may be a 8 pointer if you count the little kicker off his left base. A nice big doe and fawn came through with him as well. At 6:20 pm, I looked down the hill and the same smaller 8 pointer and his buddy the larger 8 were down the hill. They both slowly walked the same trail as the 7 pointer and both offered me a perfect broadside shot at 10 yards. The second video is of the smaller 8 and the third video is of the nicer 8. One more year with the latter, and he will be awesome. This bachelor group was traveling with a couple of does, one of which came over to the base of my stand and actually took a pee underneath me. Pretty wild. At 6:50, two does and two small fawns came through behind me (south) heading west towards the corn field. At 7:15, two does came up the trail and eventually passed my stand on their way to the field. Totals for tonight 13 deer, 10 does/fawns, 3 bucks.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice buck dude. Looks like a well nourished 2 1/2 yr old, eh? Good to keep the stand rotation fresh. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

This blog is nice, but will all be meaningless once I step back into the woods.....
Dr B