Sunday, September 23, 2007

September 21, 2007

Friday, September 21, 2007, Temp 72 degrees, Wind S/SW 15 mph, overcast and rainy, Sunset 7:12 pm (hunting close 7:42 pm)

This 009 guy bugged out of Cannon and decided to try his luck in Wisconsin. Went down to my folks place south of Ferryville, WI to hunt the coulees. All I can say, is this is some “BIG” buck country. It started to rain once I got to Lacrosse and the rest of the way to the farm. I waited for it to clear, and finally at about 6:00 pm there was a small break in the weather. I decided that I can only shoot deer if I am in the stand, so I decided to brave the weather. I went to the Twin Towers and it was a quiet night. I did see 4 does/fawns on the ranger (ATV) while on the way in, and 2 does on the way back. It was still a great night, even if I did get a little wet. Totals (and I hate to report this for the first time all year) - 0 deer

No comments: