Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9-19-07

September 19, 2007; Temp 71 degrees, Wind out of N 5 mph, Sunset 7:15 pm (hunting close 7:45 pm). Another good night. Bubba and I went out tonight. Got into our stands at 5:30. Bubba was hunting the Northwest Territory (NWT) and I was in my usual place in the ladder. I got Bubba into position and then went back to the ladder. Not 10 minutes after I sat down, the same 8 pointer came in to about 4o yards to my east. He played around for about 15 minutes then went back towards Heather stand and bedded down 100 yards away. I watched him through the binocs for about 30 minutes. A doe and fawn came in from the south and went towards the east and the bedded buck. Another 2 does and fawn came from the NE at about 7:00. Finally they decided to come in a little closer. The does came thru in front of me to the south and the buck happily followed. That is where the attached video is from. Fortunately, they headed straight towards Bubba. All four deer came by him, but the buck never offered him a shot. (25 yards but in the brush) He also so one small fawn which came from the corn and stopped right in front of him. Great night by both of us. Totals: 6 deer 5 does/fawns and 1 Buck.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more year and then it's whacko time!