Tuesday, September 18, 2007

3 bucks in one (5 Total) 9-18-07

Well, it was close. I got home from work and it had been raining all day. I talked to Nate, and he said that the weather report for tonight didn't look good. I decided to check the satellite myself, before giving up on the evening. I checked weather.com and it didn't look too bad, most of the rain was going north of me, so I decided to head to the ladder stand. It proved to be a wise move. Because of the rain, it was nice and quite getting in. Temp 71 degrees, wind from S- SE, Sunset tonight was 7:17 pm. (Closing 7:47 pm)

I got settle in about 6:00 pm. I did kick up a doe on the way in. About 15 minutes later a doe came in to about 10 yards. Then a few more does moved through. Then the fun began. At about 6:25 pm, 35 yards out the first 8 point came through. Then his bigger buddy (8 point too). Then a little 4 pointer (he has little tine brow tines, not long enough to score) came on the same trail. I did get some video, but they kind of stayed in the brush about 25 yards to the north. They decided to turn and come back and that is when the show began. On the video attached, you will be able to see all three of the bucks in the 30 second spot. Nothing huge, but the one 8 is pretty nice. I watched them for about 10 minutes before the disappeared behind me. About 20 minutes later another buck (six pointer) and 5 does and fawns came through. As I watched the does head to the west (corn), the six pointer started coming my way. I looked behind me and he met up with his buddy ( a 4 pointer) and they began pushing and shoving each other (just 10 yards away). Just as this was going on, I heard something to my left and looked and there were 3 more bucks pushing each other around (about 30 yards away). I think these were the same 3 that had come through earlier. I did catch a little video of the bucks pushing and shoving, but it was really too dark to post. Sorry about that. What an awesome site, wish the video had turned out better.

Totals for tonight - 14 deer - 5 Bucks and 9 does/fawns.

Hopefully more to post soon.

Buckslayer - Out

No comments: