Thursday, September 27, 2007

September 24, 2007, AM

Monday, September 24, 2007, Temp 60 degrees, Wind S/SE 5 -10 mph, Sunrise 7:01 am (hunting hours 6:31 am), I had jury duty in the afternoon, so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and get out and do a little hunting in the am. Nate is still recovering from his nasal surgery so he decided to join me. I decided to go to the usual ladder stand and Nate went to the apple tree stand.
I had 5 does and fawns filter from the corn down the hill to the south east throughout the morning. Unfortunately, none of them came out towards Nate. One of the does and fawns came through at about 10 yards to the north, really neat.
After I got down I walked down to Nate and looked for a place to hang some new stands. After we got back to the house, we went out and moved an old stand from the cornfield to its new location about 150 yards to the SE of the ladder stand on a nice ridge. As such, we have now called this stand the "Ridgeback." After cutting some shooting lanes, we hung another stand and cut some shooting lanes. This new stand is about 100 yards north of this Ridgeback stand along the north border of the property. We have decided to call this stand "Arlie's Nob."
Totals for this am: 5 deer all does and fawns.

No comments: