Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 pm

Wednesday, September 19, 2012. Sunset: 7:19 pm, Closes: 7:49 pm, Temp: 63 degrees, partly cloudy, Wind: N-NW 18-22 mph. Today marks the one year anniversary of shooting "Turkey Foot" from the Apple Tree stand. I really wanted to return there and celebrate, but I just couldn't maker myself do it with a north wind. Therefore, I decided that my next best option would be Right Field. I was sent and ready to go by 5:05 pm. Heidi didn't get home from work until later, so she decided to head back down to the VAT. Heidi was able to make it to her stand by 5:30 pm. At 6:55 pm, Heidi texted that she had a 6 pointer in the food plot. He ended up on the hillside to the north of her up wind. At 7:15, Heidi's friend the small fawn was back in the food plot. At one point, it fed directly underneath the stand. Totals: Bob - 0 deer.  Heidi - 2 deer, 1 Buck and 1 fawn.

No comments: