Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Monday, September 17, 2012 pm

Monday, September 17, 2012. Sunset: 7:22 pm, Closes: 7:52 pm, Temp: 60 degrees, partly cloudy, Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. Little showed up at 3:30 and we cut up his deer until 5:00 pm and I needed to leave to go hunting. Kenny had just showed up and they can finish it. Heidi n I grabbed a quick shower and she was off to the VAT and I went to the point. She kicked up a deer on her way into the stand. I decided to head into the stand through the wood behind the shed to avoid spooking any deer that were in the main food plot. About when I was passing the ridge stand I looked down the hill and saw a deer moving down by the original gun stand. It was a doe and she was slowly feeding down towards the SE. I didn't want to spook her, so I just waited and watched her through the binoculars. I heard some noise, and then saw about 25-30 hen turkeys moving from the south going north right by the point stand. Right after that, at 5:45 pm, 3 small bucks, spike, 3 point, and a 4-6 pointer walked past the point stand. I guess I was a little too late getting into my stand tonight.  Oh well. I did shoot some quick video from the ground through the trees about 60-70 yards away.  After they left to the north, I snuck down to the stand. I was in and all set up by 5:50 pm, because of the delay. At 6:55 pm, Heidi texted me that there was a doe in the food plot. It was too far away. At 7:00 pm, she texted and said that a small 5 point buck came from the south behind the old VAT and came into the food plot. It was a little far (35+ yards) and too small (not legal either). Still exciting to see your first buck of the year.  At 7:30 pm, Heidi texted me that the buck n doe were back in the food plot. Totals: Bob- 0 deer in stand but 3 bucks, a doe and 25-30 turkeys. Heidi- 2 deer. 1 buck and 1 doe

No comments: