Monday, September 17, 2012

Sunday, September 16, 2012 pm


Sunday, September 16, 2012. Sunset: 7:23 pm, Closes: 7:53 pm, Temp: 78 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Wind: S-SW 5-10 mph. I finally got my hunting partner out tonight. Heidi's been entertaining her friend Pam for the weekend and got out here this afternoon after dropping her off at the airport. After grabbing a quick shower we were off to our stands. I have been saving the Apple Tree for Heidi to hunt. I went up to Right Field. I was in position by 5:45 pm. At 5:55 pm,I had just cut a branch and I was marking yardages with my range finder when I heard something moving in the corn. I caught a glimpse of a deer about 35 yards in moving east to west. They finally exited the corn about 40 yards to the SW of me, and headed off down towards the VAT. At 6:00, Heidi texted me that she had seen a deer in the main food plot and it was heading my way. She wasn't sure if it was a buck or a doe as it was too far away. Little texted me at 7:05 pm, and said that he was bringing over the first deer of the year. He shot a nice doe. The first of his archery career. 10 yards - double lung, she ran about 100 yards and piled up.  See photos attached.  Congrats. That was it. Totals: Bob- 2 deer, 1 doe and fawn. Heidi- 1 deer.

No comments: