Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 am

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 am. Sunrise: 6:56 am, Opener: 6:26 am, Temp: 37 degrees, Mostly Sunny, Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. What a beautiful morning. Light winds but cool. Almost had a frost last night. I was up and out the door by 5:45 am. I was all settled in at the point by 6:00 am. It didn't take long. At 6;25 am, a small buck came up from the food plot on the trail to the NE of me. I was hoping that he would continue up the hill to the west, but instead he turned on the trail and went south. He walked through all 4 shooting lanes at between 15 to 18 yards. Unfortunately, it was still to dark to get any video.  We he got downwind of me he just froze. He stood there for a few minutes and then turned around and went back to the north. When he got to the east of me, he must have got a good whiff or seen something he didn't like because he took off like a cannon to the NE. When he got to the other side of the food plot, he blew a warning call and took off. You just can't fool their noses. They are smart bastards. Still, it was fun to see and nice to get some action. At 7:45 am, a nice little 7 pointer came up the trail from the NE. He walked right through all 5 shooting lanes from 8-12 yards. He was on me so fast that I couldn't get my bow off the hook and camera on him until he passed by. I did get some video of him, but it could have been better. Totals: 2 deer, 2 bucks.

No comments: