Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunday, September 23, 2012 pm

Sunday, September 23, 2012. Sunset: 7:10 pm, Closes: 7:40 pm, Temp: 58 degrees, mostly sunny, Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. Heidi's driving back from Mankato, so I am hunting solo tonight.  I have been changing things up this year and hunting a lot of different stands, so I decided to give the Apple tree a try. I was all settled in at the stand by 5:00 pm. At 6:00 pm, Luke texted me that he just shot a nice doe at 5 yards. She ran about 20 yards and fell over dead in sight. Congats man. He is going to be bringing her over after dark to the Rack Shack for processing.  At 7:20 pm, I was glassing the far food plot and I saw the small 6 pointer heading across it to the NE. I tried rattling, but he just kept on going. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck.

No comments: