Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tuesday, September 18, 2012. Sunset: 7:20 pm, Closes: 7:50 pm, Temp: 60 degrees, partly cloudy, Wind: N-NW 5-10 mph. After much debate, I decided to give the Ridgeback stand a shot. I was all set up and in position by 5:10 pm. I don't think that this is one of the better stands on the property, but it is easy and quiet to get into, and it works pretty well with this wind. Heidi decided to head back to the VAT. Heidi had not been in more then 15 minutes and she had a fawn in front of her in the food plot. It offered her a shot, but she decided to pass since it was too small. Good choice.  At 5:35, Heidi texted that there was a buck behind her to the east. She couldn't tell how big he was. He ended up going towards the NE over by the Sugar Shack food plot. Still nice action for her. At 6:20 pm, Heidi had a couple of does and a fawn in the food plot. They must have seen or smelled her, because they took off. At 7:15 pm, I had 2 does come down main street going from west to east. As I was getting ready to grab my bow, she must have seen me. She blew a warning call and took off back towards the SW. Damn. I wanted to take her as the lead doe was really nice and fat. Totals: Bob- 2 deer, 2 does.  Heidi- 5 deer, 4 does and fawn, and 1 buck.

No comments: