Saturday, September 15, 2012

Opener 9-15-12 am

September 15, 2012. Sunrise: 5:46 am, Opener: 6:16 am, Temp: 62 degrees, Mostly sunny, Wind: W-SW 2-3 mph.  Well it is the Minnesota opener and things got off to a rough start. We were out in the "Rack Shack" a little too late last night. I was planning on getting up at 4:30 am this morning to make breakfast for the 009 guys. I woke up at 5:10 am to Luke's voice in the hallway and Pete Gabriel's "Your Eyes" playing on the alarm clock. Whoops. I was able to make a quick breakfast, pound down a cup of java, and get to the VAT by 6:00 am. At 7:50 am, I was adjusting my binocs strap and I saw a deer moving about 40 yards to the south of me heading west. I am pretty sure it was a small buck. I also bumped a small doe when I was walking out that was in the sugar shack food plot. Totals: 1 deer, 1 ? 

No comments: