Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday November 1st, 2011 PM

So Close, Yet So Far

I was settled in late today from school.  This is my second to last day in the stand here in MN before I head to Wisconsin to hunt.  I kicked up a deer that was bedded by my stand when I walked in at 4:15.  I went to the field edge tonight in my new climber stand.  When I got into my stand I heard a bunch of rustling behind me.  It was the coyotes chasing something again.  I was not happy to see them.  At about 6:15 I heard something coming up the hill behind me and I could tell it was a deer but I could not see it.  He turned to his right, my left and continued up the hill to the other side of the point where the camera was.  It was about 6:30 when I couldn't hear him anymore.  I figured he was now in the field.  When I got down to check the camera I found the Dagger buck on camera 9 minutes before I checked the camera!  So close, yet so far.  Hopefully tomorrow night one of them come out and present a shot as it is my last hunt before I leave and the last hunt before the guns come out and the deer hide tight.

Totals: Taylor: 0 deer: 2 coyotes

We got a picture of a buck with a messed up rack.  I am calling him Goofy.  He seems to have a big body. We also had a picture of No Brow.  I think No Brow and Dagger live close as they have become regulars on the camera lately.




No comments: