Friday, November 4, 2011

Thursday- November 3 at the 009- PM

While the boys are in Wisconsin I decided that I would do this hunting thing my way and on my time. I headed out to the VAT and got in a little later than one would hope to get in the woods. I came down to the stand at around 4:50. I was laying down a trail of doe estrus when I spooked a beautiful 8 point and he spooked me. I stood still right along the food plot's edge with an open bottle of doe estrus and it freshly laid out around me. He started to walk towards me at first, which really got the heart racing, then he finally spooked and ran off, stomping and blowing as he circled me. I was finally able to get into the stand and an hour later I could hear something coming at me. I thought it was coming up directly behind me and I prematurely grabbed my bow. I then heard stomping and blowing and finally saw a doe who spotted me first. I thought this was the end of my night but surprisingly a few minutes later saw a fawn spastically hopping around in the field next to me. He soon sprinted in to my food plot and then spooked. I couldn't figure out what spooked him then all of a sudden a buck steps out into the food plot. Unfortunately it was only a 6 point so I couldn't shoot, reminding myself of the 4 points on one side rule. He walked through the plot rather quickly and followed the trail of the doe that I had earlier seen. By this time the coyotes were howling like crazy so I quietly and quickly got out of the woods. Totals: 2 Bucks 1 Fawn 1 Doe- this is the most action I've ever seen!!!

Here's to hopefully being able to say BBD on Friday evening!!!

-Mindi

No comments: