Monday, November 7, 2011

Sunday, November 6, 2011 am Romance, WI

Sunday, November 6, 2011, Temp 48 degrees, Wind S-SE 10-15 mph, mostly sunny, Sunrise 6:37 am, Hunting opens 6:17 am. Daylight saving kicked in so we were up at 4:00 am this morning. As Eric Haag so eloquently put it "the sleep deprivation study continues." It is warm and windy. Hopefully it won't slow the buck activity today. I decided to head up to Sherpa and Taylor was back at his post in Everest. We were both in and set up by 5:50 am. I did bring Hairy with me this morning. I had him set up downhill of me to the SW. At 6:40 am, I looked downhill to the south and there was a big shooter buck walking from east to west about 125 yards away. I tried to get him to turn up the hill, but he just kept going to the west. At 8:30 am, Taylor had a small fork horn come in from the east going west through his shooting lane at 25 yards. He saw Stubby and didn't like him so he took back off to the NE Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck. Taylor 1 deer, 1 buck

No comments: