Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday November 5th, 2011 AM Romance

Saturday, November 5, 2011, Temp 30 degrees, Wind S-SE 10-15 mph, mostly sunny, Sunrise 6:47 am, Hunting opens 7:17 am. It is going to be a short hunt for me this morning as Heidi and I are going to the Badger game. With a south wind, I decided to give the Badger Hole a shot. Taylor was back at Everest. Lon actually got out and went to Octopussy. I was all set up by 6:45 am. Lon drove in on the ATV around 6:55 am. What a morning. By 8:00 am, I had already seen 4 different bucks. Only 1 was a shooter. At 7:20 am, I heard something behind me. He finally walked out to the SE of me. He was a beautiful 9-11 pointer and wide. Tough to see him as it was still pretty dark and he was in the brush. He ended up turning back around and went back to the NE towards Sherpa. At 7:30 am, I had two smaller bucks one was a f pointer and the other was probably an 8 pointer. They both came from the SE. Both stayed out about 40-50 yards. They ended up heading back to the east. At 8:00 am, I had a small 4 pointer come from the west about 60 yards to the south of me. He came all the way across then turn around and went back to the west. I talked to Taylor and before shooting light he had a small 9 pointer at 5 yards away. It was too dark to video though. Taylor ended up seeing 4 bucks this morning. 3 were shooters. Lon saw 2 bucks this morning. 1 was a shooter. Totals: Bob - 4 deer, 4 bucks. Taylor: 5 deer, 4 bucks. Lon: 3 deer, 2 bucks.



This is the first shooter buck that I saw this morning.  I think he is a nine pointer.  He came in at about 8am.  He was about 60 yards to the North of me and was locked in on a doe that I saw about 5 minutes earlier.   I could not get his attention. I tried to grunt and he didn't even look my way.



Here is the second shooter buck that I saw this morning.  It was about 8:30 this morning when I saw him.  He was come from the West of me and actually walked right by Stubby the decoy.  I couldn't believe he didn't even look at him.  He was heading in the same exact direction as the last deer and actually stopped at the same exact spot as the last shoot buck did.  He ended up walking to the exact same spot until I couldn't see him.  I got him to stop and look my direction with a snort-weeze, but he quickly turned back around and walked away.  I think he was on that same doe.  He is a beast!  I am guessing somewhere around 160 inches. What do you think?



Here is a trail camera picture of him. He is a beaut!






Here is the third shooter buck that I saw this morning. He came in chasing a doe from the West. Same exact spot that the second buck came from. It was pretty cool to watch him chase her around. He chased the doe down the hill and I grunted at them and the doe slowly made her way up to ten yards from me. The buck stayed back at about 25 yards and was quartering towards me. I couldn't get the shot off. She ended up taking off toward the same spot they came from and the buck took off too. I tried to get him to stop in a shooting lane, but he was a little busy chasing her! A great buck, smaller than the last, but still a shooter and bigger than I have ever shot!




No comments: