Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday, November 4, 2011 pm Romance, WI

Friday, November 4, 2011, Temp 48 degrees, Wind S-SE 5-10 mph, mostly sunny, Sunset 5;59 pm, Hunting closes 6:29 pm. I couldn't hunt this morning because I had 3 hour long conference calls that started at 8:00 am. Taylor went out this morning to Everest and sat all morning. He did see 3 deer this morning up the hill above him. He got down for lunch and took a short break back at the truck, but he was right back at Everest after lunch. I decided with a south wind to give the Recliner stand a try. I was all set up with Hairy at 2:30 pm. I did a drag rag of Tink's from back near the truck and I put out two scent wicks as well. We will just have to wait and see. At 4:15 pm, things started to get interesting. I heard a buck grunting in the field to the NE of me. I grunted an rattled to try and get him to come my way. I radioed Taylor and he said that he had a doe next to him. She ended up bedding down about 75 yards to the NW of him. I talked to Taylor at 5:15 pm, and he saw the doe get up and a buck then chased after her. At 6:00 pm, I had a small 8 pointer come down the trail from the SE. He came into about 15 yards. He circle uphill of the decoy and got to with 5 yards of him. He must of smelled something that he didn't like because he kind of spooked up the hill to 20 yards. He slowly walked off to the west. Got some video if him. Totals: Bob - 1 deer, 1 Buck. Taylor - 5 deer, 4 does and 1 buck.

No comments: