Monday, November 21, 2011

Sunday, November 20. 2011 am Wisconsin



Sunday, November 20, 2011, Temp 34 degrees, Wind N-NW 5-10 mph, mostly cloudy, Sunrise 7:07 am, Hunting opens 6:37 am. Our party took two nice mature 10 point bucks yesterday down at Copper Creek. Bob Ski shot his on the north side around 7:00 am and Dan Ecklund shot his on the north side of birch point at 5:00 pm. Both are beautiful bucks and should net and gross score about the same. Bob's should go in the 130's and Dan's should be in the 140's. Don and I got up at 4:00 this morning and headed back up to Romance. I helped Don get into Everest and the walked over to Sherpa. I was in by 6:20 am. At 7:00 am, I had a small fork horn come from the west straight towards me. He got to about 20 yards away, and sensed something and jumped away back up the hill to the NW. At 7:30 am, I looked down the hill to the SW and saw a doe sneaking to the east about 125 yards down the hill from me. At 9:00 am, I saw a doe about 75 yards to the east of me. She walked off to the NW. At 9:25, I had 2 does and 3 fawns come off the hill behind me to the NE about 45 yards away. They all ended up going off down to the SE. At 9:30, another doe came down bleating and she followed the other does and fawns. At 9:35, I had a doe come up from the south of me. She headed up the hill to the NW about 75 yards away. Nice action. At 10:30 am, I had a coyote run behind me from the east going west. It ran up where the deer I had seen earlier. Two minutes later, 4 does came crashing down off the hill from the NW. They all got within 30 yards. They ended up heading back up the hill to the north. I got down and walked over towards Don along the west property line. I kicked up two deer that were 100 yards up the hill from him. Don saw 7 deer this morning. 1 shooter that saw him when he was raising his gun and 1 fork horned buck. Totals: Bob - 12 deer, 1 fork horned buck. Don - 7 deer, 2 bucks.

No comments: