Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 pm

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 pm. Sunset: 6:04 pm. Hunting closes: 6:34 pm. Temperature: 42 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: S-SW 3-5 mph. Heidi has been traveling since Monday and wanted to spend some time with Charley, so she suggested that I go and hunt. I had a video conference that finished at 4:00 pm, so I was able to get out immediately after it ended. I was in the VAT by 4:15 pm. I decided to put out Stubby the decoy along with some scent and a Tinks 69 burning scent wick. At 5:45 pm, a small 7 pointer came down the trail from the west. He has 4 on his left and 3 on his right with no brow tine. I guess is would be considered legal to shoot. He walked right into the food plot at 15 yards. He didn't like Stubby, as he snorted and ran up the hill towards the house. He could have gotten wind of me as well. At 5:50 pm, I heard some chasing taking place behind me yo the SE, but I could not see what it was. At 6:10 pm, I looked over my left shoulder to th SE and there were about 20 turkeys. They ended up flying up to roost. That was probably all the commotion that I had heard 20 minutes earlier. Attached is a photo of some of them on the roost. Also attached is a photo of the 7 pointer that I saw. Totals: Bob - 1 deer. 1 buck

No comments: