Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday, October 5, 2014 am

Sunday, October 5, 2014 am. Sunrise: 7:11 am. Hunting opens: 6:41 am. Temperature: 35 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: N-NW 3-5 mph. I stayed at the Blue House at Copper Creek last night by myself. I didn't get down to Wisconsin until 9:30 pm last night. I was up by 5:30 and ready to go. I decided to give the double ladder stand on the north side of birch point a try. I was all set up by 6:30 am. It was a little later than I wanted to get there, but it feels great to be out. At 7:20, I had a nice 2 1/2 year old doe with twins come through from west to east about 20 yards to the north of me. They hung around for about 15 minutes. At 7:30 am, I heard some leaves rustle and then heard a soft grunt. Then I had a small 3 pointer (his left side was broken off) come through following the same path as the other deer. I did get some video of him. He then headed off to the NE. At 9:10 am, I had a doe and nubbin fawn come through on the same trail, except this time it was from east to west. I got down and headed in around 9:30 am. Totals: 6 deer, 5 does and fawns and 1 buck. 

No comments: