Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday, October 26, 2014 am

Sunday, October 26, 2014 am. Sunrise: 7:32 am. Hunting opens: 7:02 am. Temperature: 38 degrees. Wind: S 2-4 mph. Mostly sunny. This morning I decided to give the oak tree stand west of fort field a try. Taylor went out to the gun ladder stand on 2nd point. Nate went to the ladder stand on the north side of first point. We were all settled in by 6:40 am. At 7:05 am, Taylor had a nice shooter buck come through to the north of him at 30 yards. He could not get turned fast enough for a shot. At 7:55 am, I had two does come along the ridge going from south to north about 70 yards up the hill from me. At 8:00 am, I had a small one antlered buck come down the road from the north west. He got to 15 yards and spooked for some reason up the hill. I did get some video of him. At 8:10 am, Taylor texted that he had two does hanging around by him. For the next 20 minutes I could hear a buck chasing a doe up to the SW of me. I could never see what it was. At 8:25 am, I heard something behind me to the east. I looked and it was a beautiful shooter buck about 40 yards away. His head was behind a tree so I was able to turn all the way aroun to the right to prepare for the shot. The morning thermals must have switched pushing my scent down yowards him. He ended up blowing and taking off to the north. I am so pissed. That was it. Nate never saw a tail. Totals. Bob: 4 deer. 2 bucks and 2 does. Taylor: 3 deer. 1 buck. Nate: 0 deer. 

No comments: