Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday, October 25, 2014 am

Saturday, October 25, 2014. Sunrise: 7:34 am. Hunting opens: 7:04 am. Temperature: 49 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: N-NW 3-5 mph. Another beautiful morning. A little warmer than I would want, but comfortable for sitting. Nate went to Rick Out. I went back to the ladder on the north side of 1st point and Taylor went to the ladder on the NW side of the second point. At 7:45 am, I looked down to the NE and saw a really nice buck coming up the hill towards me. He walked through my shooting lane at 15 yards. I am pretty sure he is the same 8 pointer that Taylor passed up yesterday. I did get some pretty good video. He ended up crossing the road and heading off to the south. Fun to see. At 8:45 am, all hell broke loose. I did two long bleats and followed it up with two loud grunts. I looked to the west and I saw a doe running for her life. Behind her was a least one mature buck. It may have been the same buck I passed on this morning. After running around some she came flying down the hill and though my shooting lane from west to east at 10 yards. He was chasing right behind her. It happened so fast that there was no way I could even get my bow drawn. However I did get some video. One word..."exciting."  They ran around by me for a few minutes and then they were gone. At 9:00, I did two loud doe bleats and followed it up with a couple of grunts. At 9:05 am, I heard branches breaking and deer running. A doe and fawn came running in from the east down the hill to the north of me. They both stopped in my shooting lane to the north of me at 10 yards. I thought for sure there was gong to be a buck following them but nothing came out. They just wandered off on there own to the west. At 10:00 am, a saw a big doe trotting along the hillside towards the west. Taylor couldn't find the metal gun stand on 2nd point, so he ended up going to a wood ladder stand out on 2nd point. He saw a doe with a small 7 and then a small 8 pointer following her. Walked by at 5 yards. Never saw him. Nate didn't see anything from rock out. Totals: Bob - 5 deer 1 buck (saw the same 8 pointer twice) and 4 does. Taylor - 3 deer, 2 bucks and 1 doe. Nate - 0 deer. 

No comments: