Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday, November 8, 2012 am

Thursday, November 8, 2012 am. Sunrise 6:50 am. Hunting opens: 6:20 am. Temperature 30 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: W-SW 5-10 mph. This morning found me again up on top at the Ridgetop stand. I was at the base of the tree nearly an hour before the hunting opener. That was good since I wanted to run some scent lines and I needed to cool off. At 7:55 am, a big doe came up the hill from the south. She passed through both shooting lanes to the south and south east. She ended up on top of the ridge and walked off to the east. At 8:40 am, I saw a big doe about 40 yards down hill of me moving from east to west. I tried calling to her, but she just kept going. At 7:45 am, a doe came over the hill from the NW. She walked through all the shooting lanes to the SW, S, and SE at about 15 yards. I was hoping a buck would be following her, but no such luck. I saw some movement uphill to the NW and it was a grouse sitting I. A brush pile. Pretty cool to see as there are not a lot of them around here. At 9:25 am , I had a small buck home up the hill towards me from the SW. He got to 20 yards and turned and walked to the east. I did get some good video. At 9:30 am, a saw another buck come up from the south heading north about 60 yard to the east of me. It may have been the same buck that I had seen a few minutes earlier. I stayed until 11:15 and then I got down n headed in. Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 3 does and 2 bucks.

No comments: