Monday, November 19, 2012

Saturday, November 17, 2012 am




Saturday, November 17, 2012 am. Sunrise: 7:04 am. Hunting opens: 6:34 am. Temperature: 22 degrees. Mostly sunny. Wind: S-SW. Don and I spent the night at Romance. The rest of the crew stayed at Copper. I put Don at Everest and u went to the Ridge top portable stand. From sunrise to 9:20 am, I saw 16 deer with or being a decent 8 pointer. He was below me in the brush and I really didn't have much of a shot anyways. At 9:20 am, I heard Don shoot his 300 ultra mag. I called him on the Walkie talkie and he said that he had shot a nice mature buck that was chasing a doe down below him to the SW on the run. He new that he had hit him, but Don is color blind so I knew that he was going yo need dome help. By the time I got over to him, he was at the place where he had shot him. We were able to easily follow a short blood trail to his buck. When we got there, I immediately knew that he had shot "Raji." A perfect sot through the heart. He only went about 100 yards. I left Don with his buck ad walked out to get his truck. When I got back, I helped him finish field dressing him and we dragged him 40 yards to his truck. Nicely done Don! It was his first mature whitetail buck. Back at Copper my buddy Mike Halder scored on a beast from the Hog Back. At 7:30 "Stickers" a beast of a 14 pointer was shot by him. He green scored typical 180" gross. What an awesome start to the 2012 gun season. I went to the Badger game so I didn't hunt in the afternoon. I did hear from Lon that he found my bow buck from Tuesday. Unfortunately, the coyotes had found it too. I had made a good shot on him (1 lung/liver) and he only had gone about 100 yards from where we has laat lost the blood. I did get some photos of him and took the horns for a European mount. Totals: Bob 16 deer, 1 buck. 2 mature bucks down by our group.

No comments: