Monday, November 5, 2012

Saturday, November 3, 2012 am

Saturday, November 3, 2012 am. Sunrise: 7:44 am. Hunting opens: 7:14 am. Partly cloudy. Temperature 38 degrees. Wind: E-SE. Today found me back on top at the Ridge top portable stand. I was in early this morning and was at the base of the tree 50 minutes before shooting light. I laid a scent trail from the east on top of the hill back towards my stand. Taylor went to Sherpa and Lon was in the portable on the hillside below me. At 8:20 am, I heard a doe mewing below me to the SW. I mewed back and grunted as well but nothing came up the hill towards me. At 8:35 am, I heard something behind me to the NW. I looks over my shoulder and there was a nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pointer standing in the brush 35 yards away. He is a different 8 pointer than I saw yesterday. He ended up heading down the hill to the NE.  I had to get to Mankato for the MSU vs. UM hockey game with Heidi and her parents, so I had to get down at 9:45 am.  Totals:  Bob - 1 deer, 1 buck.

No comments: